Header Ads

Legendary 38-year-old Juventus star extends his contract till 2018

Gianluigi Buffon has signed a new contract
Buffon is the most capped player in the history of the Italian national team
The player speaks about his career
According to the official announcement of Juventus, Gianluigi Buffon has signed a contract extension that ties him to the Turin club till 2018.
The player was signed by Juventus  in 2001 and has since become a legend, turning out for them nearly 600 times and winning seven titles. Buffon has also made 152 appearances for Italy and lifted the World Cup in 2006.

Despite turning 38 in January, Buffon remains one of the best keepers.
Buffon said: “I’m immensely proud in the faith Juventus have placed in me once more. I hope that my fantastic story with this club will go on and bring even further success. Even at this age, I still have room to improve and this is the best place for me to do so”. 
Juventus President Andrea Agnelli added: “Having Buffon in our squad is a true privilege. He is so important for us on and off the field.”
It would be recalled that the 38-year-old confirmed he intends to retire after the 2018 World Cup in Russia by which time he would be 40 when the tournament begins.
He said: “If I can push myself up to the 2018 World Cup then I’ll go on. After that I’ll close the door and stop playing football.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.